Sports near CamelBackpackers - A Phoenix Hostel
If you're a sports fan, then you're in luck - Phoenix is home to every major sport, and our sunny skies make for year round opportunities to get out and catch a game. Information below courtesy of VisitPhoenix.com:
- The Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB) play in Chase Field, while the Phoenix Suns (NBA) and Phoenix Mercury (WNBA) run the court in US Airways Center.
- The Arizona Cardinals (NFL) and Arizona Coyotes (NHL) play at University of Phoenix Stadium and Jobing.com Arena respectively, and they are neighbors in the West Valley.
Phoenix also hosts major sporting events every year, including:
- The Waste Management Phoenix Open is the most well-attended tournament on the PGA Tour. The biggest names in golf play the tournament every year at the TPC Scottsdale in early February.
- Cactus League Spring Training showcases 15 teams within miles of each other, so you can see the biggest names in the MLB up-close. Sit in readily available stadium or lawn seats and have the chance to get your memorabilia signed by your favorite player. Cactus Leagues lasts the month of March each year.
- The NASCAR series comes to town twice a year, with the The Profit on CNBC 500 in February and the Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 in November. Fans pour into Phoenix International Raceway to catch a glimpse of their favorite driver.
- College football's Fiesta Bowl is played at the beginning of every January. The surrounding festivities include a parade and block party at Tempe Town Lake every New Year’s Eve.